With the redesign of the school bus routes, there is a chance that the driver that collects your child during 2019 will be unfamiliar with your road and the stops upon it. There are also more than 100 new bus passengers during 2019 and many of these will be living at addresses that have not yet been reviewed for safety.
During term 1 all of the school bus stops will be reviewed for safety using the following safety guidelines. In our network, there are two types of stops: letterbox stops and bus stops. The guidelines will apply to both types and have been established for the safety of students both on and off the bus. Stops should:
- Reduce the need for children to cross the road
- Not be located on a bend, on a crest or in a dip
- Offer enough space for the vehicle to pull over without impeding traffic flow
- Provide sufficient parking for parents where required
- Offer at least 200m of visibility in both directions.
Important note: Our drivers have been instructed not to stop if they have safety concerns. For this reason, it is very important that you wait with your child until they board the bus unless you have complete confidence that the stop is safe according to the guidelines above. If you have any concerns, please contact EasyBus as soon as possible.